Bhagavad Gita is one of the most profound philosophical works that the world has ever seen. It belongs to every human being on earth. When one seeks to read and understand the Gita, the most common dilemma is
"Which book to choose ?"
This happens because there are hundreds of books based on the Gita written by people across the globe. Each book has a different flavor.
- Some books attempt accurate translation from Sanskrit to English
- Some books are commentaries that explain the verses in detail and may provide the author's own interpretations.
- Some books explain the verses very rationally that appeal to a logical mind.
- Some provide a perspective that fits the contemparory society.
- You may pick one that does not appeal to your philosophical taste and cause disinterest in Gita.
- You may pick a book that does not adequately answer your spiritual questions.
While Bhagavad Gita is a wonderful place for the soul to find peace, it is also important to spend time in finding a book that suits you. Ways in which you can do it:
- Speak to like minded people and discuss the books they have read.
- Find a spiritual Guru / organization that touches your soul and get advice from them.
- While the above 2 ways are excellent, they require time. If you do not have the luxury of time, you are similar to me. After months of thinking, I found a potential solution - I set up an online Bhagavad Gita Gallery which displays hundreds of books with excellent reviews from readers.The more reviews you read, the better your chances of finding a book that suits you perfectly. I hope this helps you in your spiritual journey.